Thursday, February 7, 2008

Costco Membership Fees

Ashlynn and I went to Costco last night to buy some groceries. We love Costco and I go there to shop and walk around to decompress and relax, don't ask why still can't figure it out. We went over our food budget before we had finished getting everything on our list and that put us in a foul mood. After we had loaded all our items on the checkout stand, the checker scanned my membership card and to our horror he said, "Your membership needs to be renewed for the year. It expired January 31st." With the push of one button the man added $100 to our bill. Ashlynn and I were speechless. We looked like someone had robbed us and the worst part about it was how nice and pleasant the checker was about the whole thing.

After the long walk to the truck in a haze of disbelief Ashlynn put a reminder on her phone for next January. The reminder is labeled, Costco Membership Due. Surprises like that are the worst so take it from us, write down your membership renewal date and plan for it.

4 comments:

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

I don't like financial surprises - it isn't in my plan.

Shawna said...

bummer, I love costco and hate it..they are quite the money suckers!sorry about the surprise..aren't surprises supposed to be fun? fun blog, I'll have to tell Curt to read it!

Erica Onelove said...

$100?

I thought it was $50?

Anonymous said...

fight them next time... if you win you get a membership back, if not... 3 amigos market