Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Back from Europe

I returned Sunday night from Europe and Russia and I was very suprised. Finland, Estonia and Latvia were wonderful as always. I lost my lugagge and was able to buy 100 Euros worth of shirts, socks and a tie.

Ukraine and Russia were interesting. They both had expensive food. They both served wonderful Borsch that is my new favorite. Cash is King in both countries and Visa does not hold a place in business there at least not in the places were I was. Russia was big, over populated and polluted. When it rained or snowed it was filled with exhaust from cars and factories and that made for dirty cars and smelly air that was so hard to breathe. My boss actually got sick while in Moscow and had to take antibiotics upon his return to the States.

Moscow's traffic is so bad that it hinders business and tourist efforts. That is just the way it is in Russia. I will probably end up going back to Moscow and St. Petersberg in May or June.

It is good to be back to see Ashlynn and feel our baby kicking as usual. I am tired but getting back to normal as far as sleep goes. I am glad to be home.

2 comments:

Erica Onelove said...

We're glad you're back. I think you should start putting stink bombs in your luggage so they won't steal your stuff.

Coaching Staff said...

Coby - The traveling man. My wife is into this blog thing and stumbled across your wife's blog from someone else's. She was like "don't we know them?". Anyway just thought I'd say hi, I also saw Kyle Olson the other day and stay in touch with Chris Andersen from the football team as well. If you ever travel to Poland let me know I can give you a heads up on what to do, see and eat.