Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Are you Game Ready?

After my fractured elbow and high ankle sprain, Chris Peterson, Ashlynn's boss, gave me the best thing possible, a Game Ready unit. This machine has been the key to my recovery with both my ankle and elbow. It works like this: You fill the machine's compartment with ice and water. Next you put a sleeve on your ankle, then you adjust the temperature and pressure dials to your liking. After that you enter your time and press start. The sleeve and machine does not allow your skin to be irritated by the cold even if the water is 37 degrees.

I have been treating my elbow for 30 minutes and my ankle for 30 minutes back and forth for hours at a time. Lucky for me I work at a desk. I am sure grateful to Chris for letting me borrow this little beauty. It has made all the difference.

2 comments:

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

It's true - it is awesome.

Erica Onelove said...

No frostbite for me thanks!

J/k I'm glad it works!